I’ve got a soft spot for rib steaks – it would be really hard to find a recipe that I wouldn’t like. However, this recipe combines my passion for ribeyes with my love of Cabernets. A beautifully marbled thick steak drizzled with a delicious reduction – it doesn’t get any better than this!
Bone-In Ribeye Steaks with Cabernet Sauce
4 ribeye steaks, bone-in, each 1 1/2 inches thick
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
2 tablespoons minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- Heat both sides of the grill over High heat. Preheat to ~600 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, make the Cabernet Sauce: In a saucepan, bring the wine, onion, and thyme to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until only 1/3 cup remains, about 15 mins. Add the stock; continue to reduce, over medium heat, until slightly thickened. Whisk in the butter or margarine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn one side of the grill down to Low for later use. Season steaks with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill, covered, for 4 minutes on High, flipping once.
- Move the steaks to the Low heated side of the grill and grill covered for another 4 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and allow to rest for a few minutes. Serve with Cabernet sauce.